KAMLOOPS DANCE ACADEMY
COVID 19 MITIGATION PLAN
In March 2020, Kamloops Dance Academy closed it’s doors
to protect the community due to health concerns related to COVID-19.
Kamloops Dance Academy will re open on September 7, 2020 in accordance with BC’s restart Plan and under Worksafe BC’s guidelines.
The health and safety of our community and our dance families is our top priority and we are committed to following all safety measures outlined by the provincial health officer, Worksafe BC and the Ministry of Health. The following policies will be implemented;
- Class size will be reduced in studio to allow for safe social distancing. Students that are not on rotation to attend class in-studio will attend via live stream.
- Staff members will be present during class times to insure that cleaning and disinfecting in the studio is above standard
- Signs will be posted at entrances confirming that students and staff members must not enter if they are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 and throughout the studio outlining safe distancing measures as well as hand washing instructions and occupancy limits.
- Students will be screened upon entry to ensure that they are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Decals have been placed in studios to ensure social distancing
- All students and teachers must maintain a distance of 2 meters between them at all times.
- Check in for class will be 5 minutes before start time. Staff will assist with safe entry and students must line up in preparation maintaining 2 meters between them
- All students and staff must sanitize before entering class
- After class, students must leave following the directional markers on the floor by the designated exit
- Disinfecting will be done between classes, every hour
- Viewing of classes by parents and family members is closed until restrictions are lifted.
- A deep clean of the studio will be done at least twice per week